Google Wifi is the simplest and most reasonable switch that we’ve at any point set up, period. It probably won’t be the most dominant or offer exact controls, yet it more than compensates for any absence of profundity in unmatched effortlessness.
- Super-simple setup
- Great value
- Excellent design
- Limited hardware control
- Lower AC rating
The days of the traditional router are quickly getting behind us, thanks to wireless mesh routers like the Google Wifi, Samsung Connect Home and the Netgear Orbi. These next generation routers are taking over the world – and it shouldn’t be surprising that Google would want to be on the cutting edge of this wireless revolution, crafting the Google Wifi.
And, it was worth it – the Google Wifi isn’t just the best wireless mesh router on the market, but it’s the best wireless router, period. The Google Wifi is a mesh router that not only has more mesh units than its rivals – like the Netgear Orbi – but it costs less, as well.
Google is selling Wifi at Amazon just for $99. This attention to value is then combined with simple setup and network management through a clean mobile app. Trust us – after using the Google Wifi, you won’t want to use any other wireless router.
With what’s on offer, Google isn’t requesting much, particularly for what the Google Wifi can do. It will set you back $299 (£329, AU$499) for a lot of three units – that is one essential ‘Wi-Fi point’ (the one you attach to the modem or passage) and two auxiliary WiFi focuses.
- A new type of connected system that replaces your router for seamless Wi-Fi coverage throughout your home, helping eliminate dead zones and buffering
- Network Assist technology keeps your connection fast by always selecting the clearest channel and fastest band for your devices; WiFi throughput: 1200 Mpbs
- A simple app gets you set up quickly and allows you to see what’s connected, prioritize devices, and pause the Wi-Fi on kids’ devices
- A single Wi-Fi point covers up to 1,500 sq. ft., a set of three covers homes up to 4,500 sq. ft. Wi-Fi points work together so you can add more if you need additional coverage
- 24/7 phone support from Google; 1-year warranty